Are you looking for a job that boosts your creativity? Do you want to make people awestruck when they see your creations? Are you up for a challenge?
As a Character Artist at Mindark you are a member of a friendly, skilled, cross-functional team that manages itself and is responsible for developing our vast MMORPG Entropia Universe. You will be part of creating an amazing experience, evolve as an artist and bring delight to our ever-expanding worldwide player base.
This is Mindark
We are an agile organization that cares about its people and is serious about work and play. Work-life balance is essential to us! We offer a competitive salary with good benefits and encourage learning and staying healthy.
We enjoy our openness, flexible work schedules, exploration days, expansive industry knowledge and respect for individual lifestyles. We also love dogs and some people bring their dogs to the office.
On a typical day you
- Are an active part of a cross-functional team, collaborating daily with all parts of the organization. We work together!
- Work at the office and remotely when you need to
- Share what you know and learn what you don’t
- Are proactive and get things done (We don’t micromanage)
- Fail fast and learn from the experience
- Have fun with your colleagues!
As a Character Artist at Mindark you will be
- Helping make our universe an immersive experience
- Creating characters, creatures and beings that boost the feeling of the game
- Working in short iterations, getting feedback continuously
- Creating weapons, armor and props
Examples of valuable skills
- Having worked as a Character Artist on at least one other title
- Strong understanding of human anatomy and proportions
- Solid experience with ZBrush
- Baking experience in Marmoset or similar
- Enthusiasm to create different fantasy & sci-fi creature types
- Experience in Blender or 3DSMax
- Experience in Substance Painter and Designer or similar tools
- Ability to adapt to different artistic styles
- Organized and clean workflow
- Ability to process and give constructive feedback
- Experience with at least one next gen game engine, preferably Unreal Engine
- Working in an agile environment
- Spoken and written English
If you are experienced in any of these areas, great!
We’d love to hear from you!